cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless AP and Iphone

alkabeer80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have setup of following  AIR-CT5508-K9 controller and around 20 AP spread all over the place, two SSID one guest and one for my employees.

the one for guest has web authentication, using Iphone every 2 to 3 minutes it time out and i have to reenter the credentails for web authentication.

how can i solve this problem ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The issue mentioned is that iPhone webauth users have to log back in every 5 minutes. It's due to the idle timer and seems to be an issue with the iPhone and iPads. Increasing the idle timer will allow these devices to stay logged on longer.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can click on the WLC 'Controller' tab and then adjust the idle timeout to 4 or eight hours... This will increase the CPU utilization on the WLC, so make sure you monitor that if you have a large deployment.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott:
Default idle time-out is 300 seconds (5 minutes). if the user having the issue with iphones only then the problem definitely is not with the WLC. right?

Moreover, the idle-timeout expires only if the user did not send anything during the time configured. for web-auth they should be sending and receiving unless the user decided to disconnect. If the clients just get redirected to auth page while they are still working this is gonig to be strange!!

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

The issue mentioned is that iPhone webauth users have to log back in every 5 minutes. It's due to the idle timer and seems to be an issue with the iPhone and iPads. Increasing the idle timer will allow these devices to stay logged on longer.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card