Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CISCO Wireless Lan Controller 2504 Issue

Dear All,

We have Cisco Wireless controller 2504 running with the firmware Software Version 7.0.220.0  and we often face issue with new Apple Iphone with IOS 7.0 face issue when they try to login to the wifi-ssid, its gets connected and disconnected. Following are the details..

LAN Controller: Cisco WLAN 2504

Acces-Points Model:- AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9

Software Version 7.0.220.0

Field Recovery Image Version 1.0.0

My question is we are using a trial license of 25 AP supported. We are facing lot of issue with the controller with the Apple Devices and the Wireless Speed is slow like maximum we are getting a speed of 45Mbps...... Is this normal?

I would like to upgrade the Cisco Wireless Lan controller to the recent one which will even support the model number Acces-Points Model:- AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9  as one of my friend advised we need to double check before uprating the firmware.

I would like to know is their any way to increase the speed and want advise regarding the firmware of the Cisco WLAN 2504 which will support the AP Acces-Points Model:- AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9

Why I am getting this message *dot1xMsgTask: May 16 22:00:17.494: %DOT1X-3-MAX_EAPOL_KEY_RETRANS: 1x_ptsm.c:444 Max EAPOL-key M5 retransmissions exceeded for client b8:76:3f:42:7b:b1

12 REPLIES

Hi CSC011570608.can you post

Hi

Sorry but I can not see your

Sorry but I can not see your info.

I have attached photos for

I have attached photos for your review and advice

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Read my response.  

Read my response.  cheeky

I know about the upgrade path

I know about the upgrade path... 

U never answered my question?

would like to upgrade the Cisco Wireless Lan controller to the recent one which will even support the model number Acces-Points Model:- AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9  as one of my friend advised we need to double check before uprating the firmware.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You want to know what

You want to know what software supports AP1140?  Good question.  Go HERE.

I was referring the document

I was referring the document and found that Cisco firmware release recent one is also supported with AIR-LAP1141.. My question, if we purchase it will that affect our free license that can have 25 AP with the device. Please advise.....

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

I would recommend (if

I would recommend (if possible) disabling all the rates below 12Mbps.  Set 12 and 24Mbps to Manditory and enable "Fast SSID Change" in the Controller tab General section.

You mention that you are "only" getting 45Mbps.  If this is your actual throughput and it is not good enough then you should have bought the 1142.  The fastest connected data rate for the 1141 (2.4Ghz only radio) is going to be 150Mbps and real TCP thoughput is always way slower then the connected data rate and will vary depending on your configuration and the type of traffic you are sending.

If you upgrade the code your trial license will not suddenly expire.

I hope this helps.

John

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Upgrade to 7.0.250.X or 7.4

Upgrade to 7.0.250.X or 7.4.121.X.  

Also don't forget to upgrade the FUS.

Cisco Employee

DOT1X-3-MAX_EAPOL_KEY_RETRANS

DOT1X-3-MAX_EAPOL_KEY_RETRANS: Max EAPOL-key M1retransmissions exceeded for client message is seen when during the 4 way handshake of the device and the WLC, the AP is
unable to send the packet to the client.

You can try upgrading the controller on he client software.
Try disabling the lower data rates..
Please check for interference and coverage holes..

Please upgrade the WLC to the

Please upgrade the WLC to the latest version of 7.4.x.x

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content