Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC CT6608 (5500 Series) & AIR-LAP1262N-N-K9

genesissales
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

Please Help me in configuring CISCO WLC CT6608-100-K9 and AIR-LAP1262N-N-K9 access points.

Pls. clear my doubts on:-

1. Whether WLC CT6608-100-K9 can work with L2 switches?

2. How to configure AIR-LAP1262N-N-K9 AP in standalone mode and can be used without any controller?

3. How to enter configuration mode in AP as Config T command is not found.

Pls. help.

rgds

Genesis

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a guide you need to review.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/5500/install/guide/ctrl5500.html

1. Whether WLC CT6608-100-K9 can work with L2 switches?
> Yes

2. How to configure AIR-LAP1262N-N-K9 AP in standalone mode and can be used without any controller?
> You would need to convert the AP to autonomous

3. How to enter configuration mode in AP as Config T command is not found.
> Lightweight access points don't get configured using the config t. The WLC configured the AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott,

1. Pls. guide me to convert the AP to autonomous mode.

2. If I can successfully configure controller, then will I need to do anything else in APs or will they automatically join the controller?

3. Can I attach the APs to L2 Switch and the L2 switch to Controller CT6608. Will this work as I read somewhere that L3 switches will be required to connect AP to controller.

rgds

Okay... First off its a 5508 not a 6608. You also have to download the autonomous code from Cisco's support site which you need a valid support contract to do so.

If you convert the AP's to autonomous, then these that are converted will not work with the 5508. Since you have a 5508, you should leave these AP's alone as they are lightweight already.

What are you trying to accomplish here? Maybe you don't understand the ethnology and it's confusing you. Lightweight access points do not need to be configured using the config t method. They get their configuration from the WLC (central management). Autonomous access points have to be configured individually and do not work with a WLC. Autonomous AP's don't have all the features that a WLC can provide.

Please read the guide so you have a clear understanding of the technology before you start changing everything and learn that it's not the right way to setup a wireless.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott. I will leave it as it is and configure via Controller.

Pls. let me know whether I can connect AP to controller via L2 managed switch CISCO WSC-C2960-24TCL and it will work?

rgds

Yes it will work if you connect the WLC to the switch but if you connect the AP to the switch the AP won't power up because the switch is non-PoE.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exactly WHAT COUNTRY will the AP be installed?

Hi Leo,

It is being installed in India.

controller is Cisco AIR-CT6608-100-K and AP is AIR-LAP1262N-N-K9.

rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card