Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Client can´t connect to WLAN with WPA2 + AES /WPA + TKIP

Hi,

End user has a WLC AIR-CT5508-50-K9 with ver 7.5.102.0 with 17 LAPs registered ; 9 LAPs are registered in the main site the other 8 LAPs registered in the remote site; the problem is that WLC's logs show many alarms like:

- Impersonation of AP with Base Radio

- IDS Signature attack detected. Signature Type..

These logs are just for remote LAPs,  all the user in remote site that try to associate to the WLANs  by means of the remote LAPs cannot do it.  The user for local LAPs works fine  with the same encryption  WPA2+ AEs /WAP + TKIP

I have to create two new WLAN with open + WEP so that end user can associate to WLANs in remote LAPs

any idea why neither WPA2 nor WPA works in remote site?

regards

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

v7.5 is deferred and you

v7.5 is deferred and you should upgrade to v7.6.110.0

Also, its best practice not to use both WPA2/AES and WPA/TKIP on the same SSID.  This is known to cause issue with clients and it's best to define just one and not a mix of either.  If you need both for some reason, then create a new WLAN with a different profile name but same SSID.  This will allow out to have one that is WPA2/AES and another that is WPA/TKIP.  This will work better for clients to connect.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, Thanks a lot for

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your recommendation.

It very weird because the problem is just in the remote site, WLAN SSID is the same for local an remote.

When I was in remote site I couldn´t associate my phone and laptop to the SSID but when I the the local site I can  associate without problem.

I have just upraded to 7.6.110  I'will check if there any difference with new code and also I 'will try the options you recommended

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content