Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Clients and Access points?

Hello everyone! I have a specific question?

You can configure the controller to clients so that they can connect to certain access points. For example, we have 4 access points and 5 clients. Clients 1, 3, 4 can be connected to the APs 1, 3, but can not connect to the APs 2, 4. And clients 2, 5 can be connected to the APs 1, 2, 3, but can not connect to the AP 4.

And is it possible to carry out the same operations with SSIDs? For example SSID 1 see clients 1, 2, but don't see clients 3, 4, 5. And SSID 2 see clients 3, 4, 5, but don't see clients 1, 2.

Or that is not practicable?

4 REPLIES

Why this approach. What is the business need. You can broadcast different SSIDs on different Aps via ap groups.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Agreeing with George, However I don't understand what you mean by SSID 1 see clients 1, 2...You can make SSID visible/Invisible to clients by letting/not letting APs broadcast them,accordingly. If you wish two particular clients can join two particulat APs, then better join these APs into a group and broadcast the desired SSID which only these two clients would have access to, simply.

Community Member

Thanks to all for your help.

Silver

You can manage few things from controller  side but you cannot control client and I really don’t understand how can you manage the entry of client from fixed AP for this you need to use mac addressed and alone controller cannot do this. A better solution I think would be hiding all the SSID and specifying the mac in for very ssid and configuring the manually in the client the SSID setting. In this way the client will not know about either AP and you can have better control.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content