Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

clients aren't getting IP address when they associated with LWAPP

Hi,

I configured a new LWAPP AP on controller but clients don't get the IP address when they associated with LWAPP. we are doing H-REAP and dhcp is done through MS DHCP servers. clients get IP address when autonomous AP connects the same switch port and when client try to connect this AP.

switch port config is as follow:

int fa0/1

switchport access vlan 3

switchport access native vlan 11

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1024

spanning-tree portfast

please advise what could be the issue.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: clients aren't getting IP address when they associated with

Have you configured your vlan mapping on the h-reap ap? First off, make sure the WLAN SSID has local switching enabled. Then if the ap is in h-reap mode, click on the h-reap tab on the ap. enable vlan support and enter you native vlan and hit apply. Go back to that screen and click vlan mapping. In that screen you set you SSID to vlan mapping and that should place your traffic locally.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

clients aren't getting IP address when they associated with LWAP

Hi Scott,

Yes, I already configured h-reap with vlan mapping and I also have correct native vlan configured in h-reap table (i've configured native vlan as 11 as per switchport config). but client still aren't able to get IP address

Re: clients aren't getting IP address when they associated with

Resolved....my site contact wrongly configured port. I asked him configure it trunk but he left it as access port. I took out vlan support since the port was access port... ISSUE IS RESOLVED.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies