Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clients not getting DHCP address from LWAPP

Hello,

I have an LWAPP that out of the box associates with my 4402 controller and downloads the WLAN's I setup. The security works as I have associated with the LWAPP from my laptop wirelessly. The issue is my laptop is not getting an address from the AP? I think I have it setup properly but I guess I am missing something. This was all working before in my lab environment but I had to change the IP's on everything. Anyone have a short "checklist" of things I should verify?  My DHCP server works fine, and I specified the DHCP override. The APmanager is on the same port as the management and both are on the same network as my dhcp server. Any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance

4 REPLIES

Re: Clients not getting DHCP address from LWAPP

If I static an address it works fine, of course as long as I uncheck Required DHCP on

my WLAN...

Don't know why it doesn't seem to be relaying??

You shouldnt use DHCP override.

Go to CONTROLLER--> INTERFACES--> Click on your wired interface and did you add your DHCP server on the bottom!?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Thanks!! That worked for me.

Thanks for the rating..

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies