cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command is disabled - Reset 1131G

patrickg
Level 1
Level 1

I had setup a dev environment with a WLC and LWAPP AP, 1131G. The dev envioronment is gone and now I cannot reset my AP because the WLC it was associated with is gone. I have gone through all of the posts on this group to reset this thing and nothing works. Why is this so difficult? I have tried the following:

1) Holding down the MODE button for about 20sec on power-up until the RED light lit...still get "Command is disabled" when I try to config anything or "clear lwapp private-config"

2) Holding down the MODE buton until the AMBER light is seen. Same result as number 1.

3) Deleting the env_vars file and one other file (can't remember). That did delete the previous static LWAPP IP config but I still get "Command is disabled" whenever I try to config anything.

HELP!!

Thanks,

Patrick

8 Replies 8

Hi Patrick,

If you want to use the APs without the WLAN Controller, then you need to convert in to IOS based AP since they are currently running the LWAPP code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

Follow the procedures mentioned under "Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release" section.

Let me know in case you are looking for some thing else.

-> Sushil

Sushil,

I just want to be able to reuse it as an LWAPP AP again.

Thx for your help,

Patrick

Have the AP join another controller and then set a username password on the LAP. The only other way is to convert the LAP to Autonomous and then back to LWAPP.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

How can I have it join another controller if I cannot change the controller IP address on the AP?

Thx,

Patrick

It is part of the join process.... the LAP will eventually start a discovery process for a new WLC.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thats a good option.

Hi Parrick,

In that case the option that I see is the convert it to IOS and back to LWAPP. Or else if you can get the same controller you can register it back and change the username.

-> Sushil

Everybody thanks for the help. I wish Cisco would just make a "reset" tool.

Thx,

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: