Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between 7.0.230.0 software version and Intel Wireless NIC

Hello engineers

I have many laptops with the next features:

DELL Latitude E6440

Wireless NIC card: Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235,

Driver version 15.10.3.2.

What I want to know if this version of driver is fully compatible with my wireless infraestructure:

--- WLC ---

Model: Cisco 4400 Series

Software Version 7.0.230.0

--- Modelos Access Points --

-           AIR-CAP3502E-A-K9,

-           AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9,

-           AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9,

-           AIR-LAP1042N-A-K9 

I have found the next link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn7_0_230_0.html#wp784693

But it only says that it is compatible with 13.1.1.1 driver version, so I want to know if there are any compatibility issues with 15.10.3.2. Intel wireless NIC driver.

Best regards!

Iván

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Use WLC firmware 7.0.250.0.

Use WLC firmware 7.0.250.0.

Hi Leo!First of all thanks

Hi Leo!

First of all thanks for your quick response. I kindly ask you, do you have some Cisco's document showing this compatibility? I have to document this so, it would be very useful.

Regards!

Iván

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Search the forum for Inten

Search the forum for Inten Centrino 6000 or 6100 and you should see some results.  

The thing to remember is NOT to go to the laptop/netbook manufacturer's website to get the drivers for the wireless NIC.  Instead, go to the Intel website where the drivers tend to be very updated.  

We had >5K netbooks which had these cards and we experienced issues with them particularly when 802.11n was enabled.  In the end all we did was update to drivers beyond the 15.X versions and everything went good.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content