Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Concurrent User AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9

hy all,

i just want to know, how many concurrent user AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 and AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9?

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi This will answer to your

Hi 

This will answer to your question (128  & 200 respectively)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11320491/number-users-1142n-access-point

But do you want to have that may clients on a single AP, answer is NO.

I would not plan to have more than 20-30 devices per AP. If you require voice/video this number comes down around 10.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Cisco Employee

A general rule-of-thumb is

A general rule-of-thumb is ~30 users per AP.

number of factors to be consider

What kind of traffic? Voice? Surfing? Database access? Telnet/SSH? More traffic means fewer supported  users.

How much interference is in that area? More interference means fewer users - the AP still has to take time to recognize invalid users, and to re-transmit traffic corrupted by interference

Are you going to try to run DHCP, RADIUS services from APs? there's only so much processor and RAM to go around - more proceses means fewer supported users.

Are you going to support a wireless network of 802.111g only, 802.11b/g, or 802.11a ?  802.11b clients will downshift the available bandwidth .... if you have 802.11b clients in the area - valid or rogue - it will diminish your available bandwidth, unless you specifically exclude them - fewer users.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

This is the worst question

This is the worst question out there I think:)

The reason is that sales has to go off a different number (not realistic), that is on the high side of what the AP can associate or what they set as there go to number for the number of clients.  Engineers, understand that there is a limit, but how do the sales side sell it when they are competing with other vendors who state a higher number.  Well the engineer has to deal with it at the end and set the expectations properly.  Now the sales side looks bad for selling something that doesn't work well.

I'm glad people do ask the question, because you will get the engineering answer here.... most of the time:)

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content