Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

configuration for WLC 2106 and 1130 AG

Hi,

I need to know step by step configuration while configuring WLC 2106 and 1130 AG

I have found one link on cisco.com to configure WLC what exactly the configuration need to make on 1130 AG to bring them on the network. Any confguration or network setup example would help.Thanks...

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: configuration for WLC 2106 and 1130 AG

I need to know step by step configuration while configuring WLC 2106 and 1130 AG

I have found one link on cisco.com to configure WLC what exactly the configuration need to make on 1130 AG to bring them on the network. Any confguration or network setup example would help.Thanks...

This is a very tall order for a very, very broad requirement and very, very vague information.

Your question is akin to going to a restaurant, reading the menu, and asking the waiter to guess what YOU want and bring the food.

well yes its  like that only but let me make it easy .

I got a simple task to create 4-5 SSID for diffrent groups.

Here this link helps me somewhat-http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008070ba8f.shtml

want to know in this example why this vlan 60 is being used for.

I was asking how this AP discovery works what steps required initially.if 2 AP and wlc in same vlan but 3rd AP in the network which is behind the firewall how discovery will work.

Thanks

Ajay

Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think that in that example, vlan 60 is the vlan of APs. So the vlan 60 interface on WLC is probably management/ap-manager.

For your second question, the 2 APs that are in the WLC subnet will join. The 3rd one will require you to put the ip address of WLC in the AP dhcp options. That ip is set in option 43 :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808714fe.shtml

I think you should go step by step and first try to join all APs to the WLC. From there you can start about creating the ssids.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content