Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure WISM2

lucas restrepo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In all the configuration of the wism2 the configure the service port out of the allowed vlans of the trunk facing the wism2 card. i was wondering if I add this vlan to the trunk it should not have any diference since this vlan is for use on the wism.

what could happen if i do this.

regards.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will have the CPU listenging and dropping traffic that it doesn't need to hear.

Functionally it won't really hurt anything, but it's not a best practice

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Well when you do the wism auto command it bundles them in the trunk. Not sure why you would not add the service port inside the trunk. If you have issues and open a TAC case. They could have you change it prior to troubleshooting your problem. Its not normal practice.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a0080b7c904.shtml#initialconfig

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card