Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Configuring AIR-SAP2602E-E-K9 for Transmit/Receive Antenna

Any help on how we can ocnfigure the Transmit and Receive Antenna via CLI.

I am trying to configure left for receive and right to transmit and I have four antennas as it shows :

Test_lab(config-if)#antenna ?

a-antenna     use antenna A

ab-antenna    use antennas A and B

abc-antenna   use antennas A, B, and C

abcd-antenna  use antennas A, B, C, and D

gain          Configure Resultant Antenna Gain

The CLI link for 15.2(2)JA isnt matching it as per :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4.25d.JA/Command/reference/cr12425d-chap2.html#wp3103507

Any suggestions?

-Thanks    

5 REPLIES

That is for older AP, not for the newer ones.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I agree with Steve... there is no benifit for having one antenna recieve and the other transmit.  If you don't want to use all 4 and have diversity, then choose what you want to use.  IF you have two antenna's then choose:

ab-antenna    use antennas A and B

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

Thanks Stephen/Scott for your inputs.

We have a requirement to do this now, but the command on interface dot11radio 0|1 show antenna command and selection of a,b,c or d.

I dont see any option to select either transmit or receive?

Is it supported on SAP2602 platform? I am running latest IOS 15.2(2)JA, is it supported on this? Is the keyword receive/transmit removed? Or any other command it needs?

-Thanks

Joe

Re: Configuring AIR-SAP2602E-E-K9 for Transmit/Receive Antenna

since each antenna is a radio, it should be tx/rx when you select a/ab etc.  no further command needed

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Cisco Employee

Re: Configuring AIR-SAP2602E-E-K9 for Transmit/Receive Antenna

dont see the antenae config guide at cisco site  for autonomous AP but got the config for lightweight AP with WLc:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010000110.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content