Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring AP 801 on Cisco Wireless router 861W

Hello

Wondered if any cisco experts can help me with this issue.

I've created two configurations. One for the router side and one for the AP point side. However, I am having trouble getting the internal AP to bridge to the router properly. It is my understanding that the Wlan-GigabitEthernet is the internal interface connecting to the AP and the BVI1 together.

I can't ping any ip address on the router side from the ap and the radio is active and we can see it but it seems that it doesn't give an ip address.

See below.

TestWifi#show ip interface brief

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

BVI1                       unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up

FastEthernet0              unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

FastEthernet1              unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

FastEthernet2              unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

FastEthernet3              unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

FastEthernet4              192.168.X.175   YES DHCP   up                    up

NVI0                       unassigned      NO  unset  up                    up

Vlan1                      192.168.43.1    YES manual up                    up

Wlan-GigabitEthernet0      unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

wlan-ap0                   192.168.43.1    YES TFTP   up                    up

On the AP side, this is what shows as follows.

ap#

ap#show ip int brief

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol

BVI1                       192.168.43.2    YES manual up                    up

Dot11Radio0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up

Dot11Radio0.1              unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

GigabitEthernet0           unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up

GigabitEthernet0.1         unassigned      YES unset  up                    up

I can't help but wonder if it is a VLan issue or an ip issue but I could use a second opinion.

I've included both configurations. Can someone check if something is amiss?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Bronze

Configuring AP 801 on Cisco Wireless router 861W

Hi,

I checked the configuration of the router and there are several things we need to change.

1. Since you have given the VLAN 1 an IP address it does not need to be linked to bridge group 1, so please do a no bridge group 1 under the VLAN 1 config t mode.

2. On the router side the BVI1 is not needed since it has an AP module, so please doe a no int BVI1 on the config t of the router.

3. Then since you configured the internal gig port as a trunk port, on this units we need to use the switchport trunk allowed vlan x,x  command allowing the VLANs needed between the AP and the router or if no VLANS needed then set the port back to a switchport access vlan 1.

Then on the configuration of the AP module since you have not configured VLANs then we do not need to use the mbssid under the radio or the SSID itself, so please remove it from the mbssid from the radio and on the SSID remove the mbssid guest mode and add the guest mode only.

Views
Helpful
Replies