cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring APs from WLC

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

We recently went through an audit of our wireless environment. There were a handful of suggestions provided to us by the auditor in order to remediate some of the findings of vulnerabilities or holes in the AP configs. Unfortunately, we were provided the command-line fixes.

Since we have over 50 APs across our network, that would clearly be very time-consuming. Is there a way to send these commands either from the WLC or Prime Infrastructure?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It will be a waste of time to send the commands to the APs when you have WLC. This is because the APs won't be able to save the commands. All configurations need to be done on the WLC. Exactly what command(s) are you trying to do?

Understood, Leo. I think I just need to determine where in the WLC I can adjust the settings that correspond to the commands. Since the APs can't save the commands, I'm really wondering why this audit gave us the command-line fix.

One example is the command service tcp-keepalives-in. I'm sure there's a setting in the WLC for this, so it's just a matter of finding it.

Is your auditor kidding?  That command will work if your AP is AUTONOMOUS.

Do you have an idea what sort of explanation the auditor provided why you need this command?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card