Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco AP 1252 as a Univeral WGB

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

HI

I wanted to know if someone can help me with get this configured right, the problem that i'm having is a have users who need to get access to the internet but they are in a trailer out side the building. I was told to configure 2 AP's, one as a standard AP and the other as a Universal WGB. Below is how i have the devices configured.

Inside the building i have 3560-E with port gi0/6 configured as a trunk to support the AP, outside in the trailer i have a 3750 with port fa1/0/1 configured as a trunk to support the WGB. I was told by  another engineer that all i had to do is configure the one that i want as the WGB and make sure they are in line of site and it should work. So i did just that and i plugged my laptop up into port 4 on the 3750 and i don't get anything.I wanted to know can this model AP be used as a WGB because i've seen things that say you shouldn't do it. And if you can use them can you tell me how to configure the one that's the Universal WGB to give out IP address to my wired PC's in the trailer.Thanks in advance and look forward to your reply

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this what you are looking for?

Wireless Bridges Point-to-Point Link Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008058f53e.shtml

I will try this in the morning when i get back to work and i will let you know

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card