cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring LocalNet Users

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the link below I see where there is a 24 character limit for localnet users.  However, the only time you get an error when trying to add a user(s) w/ more than 24 characters is from the CLI(the GUI doesn't give an error)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_0101111.html

Questions::

1) What authentication type(s) can be used on the WLAN to use these localnet users?  LEAP, EAP Fast....  what else?

2) If from the GUI a localnet username with more than 24 characters is used, can it login?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rob,

You can use the local net user for WebAuth also. It also fails if you create a password larger than 24. I tried it with a password of 30 characters.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

I just tried it again... 24 and under works, anything over 24, I get a login error.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Running the TAC release v7.6.100.4

-Scott

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rob,

You can use the local net user for WebAuth also. It also fails if you create a password larger than 24. I tried it with a password of 30 characters.

-Scott

Scott,

Please try if you will to create a user with more than 24 characters via the GUI then try to login using that ID.

For me, if I was doing my Webauth correct today, it worked!!!  which is totally messed up::::

I just tried it again... 24 and under works, anything over 24, I get a login error.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

What version of code was your WLC running?

Running the TAC release v7.6.100.4

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card