Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confirming MiMo Information on a Cisco AP

Hi,

Where would I find information on the MiMo configuration on a Cisco AP, I have heard that certain models which do not obtain the correct PoE etc will 'switch' a MiMo pair off, or something similar?  Is there a show command or is it in Sh controllers etc and I have missed it that will show what the current MiMo operation is on an AP?

Thanks 

Mike

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you look at the datasheet for the AP that you have questions for, that will tell you if the AP (3702) will be using 4x4:3 or 3x3:3.

You can issue a show ap config general <ap hostname> and see if the AP is running at what pwer type:

Example:

LED State........................................ Disabled
PoE Pre-Standard Switch.......................... Disabled
PoE Power Injector MAC Addr...................... Disabled
Power Type/Mode.................................. PoE/Full Power
Number Of Slots.................................. 3
AP Model......................................... AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9
AP Image......................................... C3700-K9W8-M

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Many thanks for the fast reply, is there anyway of seeing the current real time MiMo setup as I'm trying a Cisco 1532 as a Survey AP off a new battery and PoE combination or do i just need to check the output you have provided and that the AP is reporting PoE/Full power and take it that the MiMo configuration will be full too?

I had an earlier post a few months ago we were struggling to get a Test/ Survey AP requiring PoE at 802.11at running off a battery and this is the back end of that.

Scott

I don't seem to have the command show ap config general <ap hostname> as an option is there anything else I could use?

Thanks

Mick

While on topic I blogged about this last week 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12624861/which-antenna-gets-deactivated-when-you-provide-less-full-power-cisco-3700

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Scott, George,

Thanks for the replies they have really helped, let me give you a bit more information on what I am trying to do.

We noticed a few months ago that our current survey battery setup couldn't power up a Cisco 1532 or 1572 the radios would not enable at all due to (I think) expecting 802.11at and we were getting inline power error LED combinations.

Our Cisco 3702 worked but just disabled a pair of MiMo and as you have said this doesn't cause much of a problem as the survey 'footprint' isn't going to be much different.

So I have been looking for a PoE /Battery combination that will run the 802.11at external AP's without 'lugging' a generator about on external surveys.

I think I have found one and was testing it when I started the thread but didn't know how to check to see if it was powering everything up as it should i.e the MiMo combinations hence my request for MiMo confirmation commands which you and George came up trumps on.

FYI the new PoE I found is running off our legacy 12v survey battery which wouldn't power the AP and pushing 48v to the 1532e AP and seems to be doing it for a good few hours on initial testing.

I have attached a print screen from the 'sh controllers' and it doesn't show a low power error so I am hoping the AP is fully functioning off the battery and PoE combo but it doesn't show as many antenna as the example in George's Blog....but the GUi is showing Full or High power....do I still have a problem?

I have also checked the CDP output and there is no mention of power errors etc so thanks for that I didn't know you could check it there.

If I have missed anything or you need any more information please let me know, thanks for the replies you have both helped a lot.

Cheers

Mick

The reason is because your using the AP in autonomous mode.  If you console into the AP and power up the unit, you will see CDP messages stating that there is low power.  You should also be able to see the power in the GUI when the AP boots up if you us an injector that also allows you to connect an Ethernet cable for network connectivity.

If your thinking you will see a big difference when you survey, you probably will not.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card