Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connect 2x 1130AG to EuroDocsis wirelessly

Hi Guys,

A true n00b here.... I can not get this to work.

I have 1 EuroDocsis modem and 2x 1130AG wireless things.

How do I manage to get this connected to each other wirelessly?

The  internet is allready configured at the EuroDocsis modem and I now want  to distribute it wirelessly to both 1130AG's. The EuroDocsis is using  WPA2 PSK.

I read something about WDS, but I don't get that to work either...

Can anyone nudge me in the correct direction? Thanks.

At this point I'm stuck at:

Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: NO Aironet  Extension IE

This topic states that these can not be linked at all without any wires.

Can someone please confirm?

I have:

1x EPC2425 EuroDocsis Voice Gateway

2x AIR-AP-1131AG-E-K9

Thanks

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Connect 2x 1130AG to EuroDocsis wirelessly

Hello Alex,
I understand that you don't want to connect the wired side of 1130 APs and want them to connect wirelessely to the EuroDocsis modem, correct?

First of all I want to emphasise the point about WDS, you mentioned WDS referring to (Wireless Distributoin System). That is not supported on this AP (1130) nor on any enterprise Cisco Access point. Wireless Distributoin System is not certified by Wi-Fi allinace and it is fully vendor-specific. AP that supports WDS won't usually work with each other if they are from different vendors.

There is another term of WDS in enterprise cisco that referred to (Wireless Domain Services). It is not what you want (based on your description above).

So, you need to connect the 1130 APs to the wire that provides it with internet connectivity and configure the corresponding WLANs on it to provide wireless connectivity to users. Without wirs it won't work.

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers, that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.