cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting 6 APs

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

connecting 6 cisco access points 1 to another by wireless, with a good range, what is the best thing to do?

---

Posted by WebUser Nabil B. Emad from Cisco Support Community App

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your talking about repeater mode... No way. Even with mesh, that's too many hops. Repeaters cut the throughput in half from each hop. Even just one repeater you can tell the performance degradation.

Cable each one if possible.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

but if it was not possible at all to connect cables, and i want to cover all the site by wireless, what solution do you suggest? thank you

---

and i want to cover all the site by wireless,

Please elaborate further.

NOTE:  My doctor has taken away my "I-can-read-your-mind" medication.

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

okay , the situation is: I have a project, for a 4 floors villa, the area of each floor is 300 m^2. I have only 1 DSL connection. Note that, we can't connect any cable. What is the solution for this situation. thank you for your efforts

---

You're almost there.

Explain the floor layout (per floor).

How many floors do you want wireless coverage?

What is the structure and floors made out of?  Wood?  Concrete?  Pre-fab?  Steel i-beam?  Kryptonite?

What's your budget?

Are the AP's connecting back to a controller? how many users do they expect?

"we can't connect any cable" im guessing thats meant to say you cannot run any cable.

so is the first AP connecting directly to the router?

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

hi. The floor layout is concrete. I will put 2 for each floor. budget is around 1500 $.

and scott, the first access point is connected directly to the router with a cable. but after that everything will be by wireless

---

It's not going to work... The only way I would design this is to run cables to each floor, in which they would have to core through each floor. Usually buildings have these vertical risers so you can do this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card