Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection distribution between 2602 AP´s

Marcio Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have problems with connections distribution between clients in my network, i have the vWLC controller with 2602 Ap, but in one region with two AP´s near , i have 56 connections on a acess points "A" and 11 connections another Access points "B".

The users are complaining everyday the low speed when connected in access point "A"

some form of balancing these connections between two access points next?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is client load balance feature under WLAN, but it is not recommend to enable this.

Better way to control number of client connect to AP is disable the lower data rates. In your case make sure all data rates below 12Mbps is disabled in both 802.11b/g/n & 802.11a/n bands. Make 12Mbps is mandatory & leave other data rates supported.

The other thing you need to ensure is SSID is configured for WPA2/AES with WMM allow or required. This is mandatory to get 802.11n data rates to clients.

See if that helpls

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

There is client load balance feature under WLAN, but it is not recommend to enable this.

Better way to control number of client connect to AP is disable the lower data rates. In your case make sure all data rates below 12Mbps is disabled in both 802.11b/g/n & 802.11a/n bands. Make 12Mbps is mandatory & leave other data rates supported.

The other thing you need to ensure is SSID is configured for WPA2/AES with WMM allow or required. This is mandatory to get 802.11n data rates to clients.

See if that helpls

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card