Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

connectivity problem with 3 BR350 bridges, need help.

hello,

Yesterday i installed a bridged link as follows:

lan-br350A(nonroot)-yagi-> 1,5km <-omni-br350B(nonroot)-> 0,5km <-yagi-br350C(root)-lan

When testing i experienced the following strange behaviour:

ping from A to B looks o.k. for abt 1 or 2 minutes, then no reply for about 3 to 5 minutes then reply o.k. again..

signal strength is about 50%, power 50mW

This happens as well on 5 as 11 MB, i tried different radio-channels, this makes no difference.

To rule out different subjects, i disabled wep and mac-address filters

The SSID's are the same on all 3 br350's, software version is 11.21

the logfile on A has the following messages:

associated to parent (macaddress)

lost authentication with parent

deauthenticating (macaddress), reason not authenticated.

I need some guidance as what to try next to solve this...

Lex van der Lugt

PQR

lvdl@pqr.nl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: connectivity problem with 3 BR350 bridges, need help.

From your post, it appears as if you have a non-root trying to associate to another non-root; non-roots only associate to roots, unless this has changed.

I would try making the location in the middle the root, and the two ends non-root.

Past that, what are your distances between locations? If your national regulations allow, you can try bumping the power up to 100mW.

Also, you might want to run a radio carrier (diagnostic) test to see if you've got any interference issues. Do this on each bridge; you have to temporarily set them to root units to access this test.

Good luck.

2 REPLIES

From your post, it appears as if you have a non-root trying to associate to another non-root; non-roots only associate to roots, unless this has changed.

I would try making the location in the middle the root, and the two ends non-root.

Past that, what are your distances between locations? If your national regulations allow, you can try bumping the power up to 100mW.

Also, you might want to run a radio carrier (diagnostic) test to see if you've got any interference issues. Do this on each bridge; you have to temporarily set them to root units to access this test.

Good luck.

hi,

i had come across the same problem and i after one dasy i was able to solve the problem but before tell u the soloution i want to tell u that

you should put the OMNI ANTENNA BRIDGE in the middle as a ROOT BRIDGE so that every other no root should associate to it.

Any way the solution is to disable the Spanning tree on all non root bridges .

The behaviour of the ping is not cause of the BAD LINK instead it is SPANNING TREE whichis causing the problem.

Do tell me whether u able to solve the problem or not .

my e-mail is

sameer@nit.uae.net

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content