cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connector Converter

iswanizan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Im new here also new with Cisco product. I looking solution for my wireless mesh AP1520 antenna. Right now i have antenna model AIR-ANT2414S-R and i want to couple to my AP1520 but this connector was not sizing. So i go around electric/electronic shop to buy converter/convertion but not easy to find it. How difficult. Could any expertise member/guys here have same problem like me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's a RP-TNC to N-Male adapter you need.

Availability depends also from the country you are in, so then people might give better local websites/shop advices :-)

Nicolas

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's a RP-TNC to N-Male adapter you need.

Availability depends also from the country you are in, so then people might give better local websites/shop advices :-)

Nicolas

Dear Nicholas,

Thanks for reply

Yup, i agree. But the problem is, i cant find the connector here. Did Cisco have sell this connector? If have, where can i buy it? Im from Malaysia. Need it urgent. 1 more thing, i see from the pakage of AP1520/22 doenst include power adaptor for suppply ac 100~220vac. Its that i need to buy separate? I need it urgent also. I checked from cisco.com, didnt find any phone number or address for local (Malaysia) please help..

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm so far away from Malaysia that I would have a hard time to help.

Indeed the power supply is not included because some people power it via Power over Ethernet, other will use a power injector and others will go for power supply, so you need to chose which one you take when you order.

Here is the page with all accessories : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps8368/product_data_sheet0900aecd8066a157.html

It gives the part numbers for the power supplies and the rest.

You need to order that to your local reseller. A local account team, a Cisco partner ... I don't know how it works in Malaysia :-S

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I cant open the url that u gave to me. Maybe not authorized to view.

The file or application you are trying to access may  require additional entitlement or you are trying to access a file with an  invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a users  relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis.

If you feel you have reached this page in error,  please try one of the following methods to locate your document:

1. If you are manually entering the URL into your browser location bar, be sure  to include the file name of the page you are trying to access (file names  typically end in .htm, .html or .shtml).
  2. Use the Search feature located in the upper right section of this page.
  3. Return to the Cisco.com Home or select a primary site area from the top  navigation bar.
  4. Consult with your Cisco Account Manager to confirm you have the appropriate  entitlement to access this page.

If you would like to contact someone about this  problem, please click on the Contacts & Feedback link below

Here's a copy paste of the interesting parts ;-)

Table 3. AC Power Cord Options

SKU

Description

AIR-CORD-R3P-40NA

Power cord, 40 ft, North American Plug

AIR-CORD-R3P-40UE

Power cord, 40 ft, European Harmonized, Unterminated

AIR-PWR-ST-LT-R3P

Power cord, 4 ft, Street Light Tap

Table 4. Power Injector for Use with Power over Ethernet

SKU

Description

AIR-PWRINJ1500-2

1520 Series Power Injector

Table 5. Spare Power Supply for the Cisco Aironet 1522PC Access Point

SKU

Description

AIR-1520-CAB-PWR

Cable Power Supply, spare

Table 6. Power Options for the Cisco Aironet 1520 Series

1522AG

1522HZ

1522PC

1524SB

1524PS

AC power

X

x

x

x

Power over Ethernet

X

x

x1

x

x

Power over Cable

x

DC power

X

x

x

x

x

Hi Nicolas, thanks for info. BTW

AIR-PWR-ST-LT-R3P

AIR-1520-CAB-PWR

What is the different between 2 item above? Its that the power connector sell together with cable? can ii buy w/o cable..only socket. ?

I have no idea :-(

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on that but I support those products, so I never ordered any of them nor even saw what the various power options look like. The best to answer would be a member of your cisco account team or your local reseller.

I just tried to give as much hint as I could.

Nicolas

Ok, thank you very much Nicolas..

I try to call local but failed reached. Anyway, thanks again. Really appriciate.

Hi Nicolas/Cisco team

Can you state to me the Cisco part number for below unit? I can't find it in Cisco website.

*RP-TNC to N-Male adapter

My project is im using AP AIR-LAP1522AG-C-K9 and want connect to Sector antenna AIR-ANT2414S-R.

If have, could you/Cisco team foward to me the pic. Seriously, i can't find in local electronic/electric shop. If have, the RP-TNC male pin is totally different and can't join it with existing connector. The pic i took from internet. but i not sure its can be fix on my sector antenna or not.

Really need help. Tq

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card