cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Continual 'Your 350 Series is not associated' message.

wendell_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As a weekend project, I tried connecting an Aironet 350 series pcmica to a 350 access point, but continually get the above message. I get flashing 'Status' and 'Activity' lights. I know that there is some kind of communication, because when I go to Commands - Statistics, I see transmission packets. While connected to the console via serial port, I see 'Authenticated' messages. I get the 'not associated' message and can't ping or connect or anything.

My SSID is entered, not using LEAP, using WEP and entered WEP id on client side.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

kagodfrey
Level 3
Level 3

This is most likely a WEP key mismatch. Try re-entering the WEP keys, making sure that all the settings are the same on both ends (i.e. open/shared, 40/128 bit, etc). If that doesn't work, try removing WEP at both ends, and see if you can communicate without it - that way you can at least be certain your card isn't broken.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card