Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Controller console port on 3750 with WLC

What hyperterminal settings are required to access the Controller console port on a 3750 with integral WLC? I think I have exhausted all possibilities but still cannot access it

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Controller console port on 3750 with WLC

Hi Steve,

Command-Line Interface

You can enter Cisco IOS commands and parameters through the CLI. Access the CLI either by connecting your PC directly to the switch console port or through a Telnet session from a remote PC or workstation.

Follow these steps:

1. Connect the supplied RJ-45-to DB-9 adapter cable to the standard 9-pin serial port on the PC. Connect the other end of the cable to the switch console port.

2. Start a terminal-emulation program on the PC.

3. Configure the PC terminal emulation software for:

-9600 baud

-8 data bits

-No parity

-1 stop bit

-No flow control

Catalyst 3750 Integrated Wireless LAN Controller Switch Getting Started Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/hardware/quick/quick3750g/guide/3750GSG3.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. I tried 9600 8None1 first but got no response. I then tried various other speeds but still no response from the controller. I accessed the switch ok via the console port. Apparently you can then connect to the controller using the 'session 1 processor 1' command, but this does not work either. This failed with a message stating something like 'telnet access not allowed to this device'.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Steve,

If you have a look at the Express Setup portion of the doc I linked you can see how to enable Telnet access :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies