Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller Solution - old and new AP's

topplus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We have some old AP1231G's and we need to buy a controller, i found that after an AP upgrade to lightweight mode a CT2504 controller will work, can you confirm this ?

We need also to buy new AP's, i was targetting some CAP1602E. Will the CT2504 work with both AP models ?

My doubt is with the version of the controller, since it supports 1600series only after 7.4.100.0, and the 1230series last support is 7.0.x.

I followed this matrix http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp81600

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct on both.

the 1230 will work on a WLC running 7.0 code.  You need 7.4 for the 1602.

So once you move the the 7.4 for the 1602 then you'll need to replace the 1231.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Yes it will work.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct on both.

the 1230 will work on a WLC running 7.0 code.  You need 7.4 for the 1602.

So once you move the the 7.4 for the 1602 then you'll need to replace the 1231.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Yes, controller will work once you replace 1230series with 1600 series in WLC 7.4.

Hope this will help you.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have but two choices:

1.  Go and get a refurbished 4400 here.  You can load 7.0.X and get your 1230 to join.

2.  Convert your 1230 into autonomous IOS.

topplus
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your fast replies!

Following this table: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html#wp81600

If i install the code "7.0.2x.x" on the CT2504 and buy the AP's related to this code, i will be able to use my "old" AP1231G at the same time, right ?

For example if i buy an AP from the series: 1130AG, 1140, 1240AG, etc; it will work ?

Thanks

Yes it will work.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card