Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controller won't join NCS

Has anyone experienced this error in the NCS invent log when trying to add a controller into NCS?

[2012-04-05 12:45:39,224] [ICE Service[ 1]Thread: 12] [ice] [ERROR] - An error occurred while processing post-collection hook: 10.111.1.5  for device with id 23512492 java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException with cause com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.PostCollectionHookException: com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.PostCollectionHookException: COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occurred. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.::com.cisco.wnbu.inventory.postprocessor.impl.WLCFeatureDiscovery.call(WLCFeatureDiscovery.java:202)::sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12290.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)::org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)::org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)::$Proxy74.call(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)::sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.processPostCollectionHook(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1273)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.processObjects(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1878)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.call(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1012)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.call(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:97)::sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12277.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)::org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)::org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)::$Proxy139.call(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.IceTask.run(IceTask.java:136)::java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)::java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) with target exception com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.PostCollectionHookException: com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.PostCollectionHookException: COMMON-1: Some unexpected internal error has occurred. If the problem persists please report to the Tech Support.::com.cisco.wnbu.inventory.postprocessor.impl.WLCFeatureDiscovery.call(WLCFeatureDiscovery.java:202)::sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12290.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)::org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)::org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)::$Proxy74.call(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)::sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.processPostCollectionHook(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1273)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.processObjects(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1878)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.call(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:1012)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.call(InventoryCollectorEngineXdeImpl.java:97)::sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor12277.invoke(Unknown Source)::sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)::java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)::org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)::org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)::org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)::org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)::$Proxy139.call(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)::com.cisco.xmp.inventory.ice.IceTask.run(IceTask.java:136)::java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)::java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)::java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source).

6 REPLIES
Silver

What version of NCS and WLC?

7.0.220.0 for WLC

1.1.0.58 for NCS

I have 3 5508 controllers with the same code rev that add with no issues...the one problem issue is a 4402

Hello,

I have the same issue trying to add a WLC4402 into NCS. Versions are :

NCS : 1.1.0.58

WLC : 6.0.199.4 & 7.0.235.0 (both not working)

Each time, I get the error message in NCS : Snmp Credential Check Failed. Failed to perform the SNMP get

Did you resolve this problem ?

Vincent

I'm having the same problem.

NCS 1.1.1.24

WLC 5508 - 7.3.101.0

I'm trying to add them to the NCS and its not allowing me. I have 4 that need to be added.

Please help!!

I think NCS 1.2 is required to support 7.3 WLC code.

You are correct. I actually opened a TAC case with cisco and they told me that WLC 7.3.101.0 is not supported on NCS 1.1.1.24.

I had to change the version on the WLC to 7.2.x.x so that it would be seen in NCS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content