Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CT2504 and AP1602 slow wireless conn

Hi,

I am using an 1602i access point for my company's wlan. The adapter that I use for the computers is Cisco Linksys AE3000 (which supports up to 450 Mbps). However, the wireless speed does not exceed 144 Mbps even though the computers are very close to the ap..

Doesn't the ap theoretically support up to 300 Mbps speed? Is there anything that I need to change to make it possible?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Your access point is 3x3 MIMO capable just like your NIC card. I would guess you don't have channel bonding enabled yet thus your data rate at MCS15 is 144.

VIP Purple

Re: CT2504 and AP1602 slow wireless conn

You can verify what rate your client is connecting using the below WLC CLI command

(WLC) >show client detail should show you the clent connected MCS rate

WMM Support...................................... Enabled

APSD ACs.......................................  BK  BE  VI  VO

Power Save....................................... OFF

Current Rate..................................... m15

Here is a snapshot of these MCS data rates. 1600 AP support upto 2-Streams and maximum you can get is 300Mbps. (if you have 2600 or 3600 it support upto 3 streams where you can get upto 450Mbps). As vlad mentioned you need to use channel bonding (ie 40MHz) with short guard interval (ie 400ns)

You can find the above Ciscolive presentation material from below link (you can singup free for ciscolive365.com & can access these material)

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=7789&backBtn=true

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

3 REPLIES

Your access point is 3x3 MIMO capable just like your NIC card. I would guess you don't have channel bonding enabled yet thus your data rate at MCS15 is 144.

VIP Purple

Re: CT2504 and AP1602 slow wireless conn

You can verify what rate your client is connecting using the below WLC CLI command

(WLC) >show client detail should show you the clent connected MCS rate

WMM Support...................................... Enabled

APSD ACs.......................................  BK  BE  VI  VO

Power Save....................................... OFF

Current Rate..................................... m15

Here is a snapshot of these MCS data rates. 1600 AP support upto 2-Streams and maximum you can get is 300Mbps. (if you have 2600 or 3600 it support upto 3 streams where you can get upto 450Mbps). As vlad mentioned you need to use channel bonding (ie 40MHz) with short guard interval (ie 400ns)

You can find the above Ciscolive presentation material from below link (you can singup free for ciscolive365.com & can access these material)

https://www.ciscolive365.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=7789&backBtn=true

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Fixed it by changing the DCA settings. Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content