Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Custom web authentication bundle redirect issues

Hi,

I've a custom web auth. bundle configured and installed succesfully. But if a user logs in he gets redirected to https://x.x.x.x/login.html

This is the default page which states that the login was succesfull and is able to use all the network services etc.

login.html is some sort of default site, can this be edited or disabled ? We do not want users redirected to this page. l already disabled the logout-pop up but that is not a solution for this issue.

I'm running software release 7.4.110.0

9 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Custom web authentication bundle redirect issues

The file name login.html is the default site. You can try to upload your custom WebAuth page with a different name and then on the WLAN on the bottom of where you enable WebAuth, there is an override. I'm there you can choose your login page... That should work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The over-ride global check box is already enabled and I'm using login_SSID.html as 'login page'.

Login failure page = none

Logout page = none

Even if I configure the Logout page the same issue arises. It keeps linking to the 'default' page login.html which currently shouldn't be in use ?

Re: Custom web authentication bundle redirect issues

The only page you can change is the login.html. The other pages can't be changed.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

That's not exactly correct ? :

wlc.JPG

Okay... I though you wanted to not use a logout page?  By default, the WLC will use the internal if you don't customize one.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I certainly do not wan't to use a logout page. This was just an example.I

If I configure a loginpage which is a something else then login.html the user still gets redirected to login.html after a succesfull authentication. Help ?

Okay... let me test this out.... give me a few.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hello,

I'm a collegue of Mr. Bakker. There is a lot of confusion about thing regarding the cusomized pages.

We use two SSID's and for both we use a seperate login_.html page.

As we upload the bundle we know we also should uploud the default login.html, the WLC needs this file as a base I guess. In the URL from a user when getting on the page there is also the following:

switch_url—The URL of the controller to which the user credentials should be posted.

In this part of the URL also the default loging.html is presented. When I read the manual about this  'switch_url' this is only the Anchor WLC where the user credentials are send to. Behind the Anchor WLC we use a NGS server for authentication. So the Anchor WLC is talking radius with the NGS and is talking 'Java' (=login_.html) to the guest user.

What is now exactly the function of the default login.html in this case.  Also, what are the exact differences between the default en the customized login page.

I guess we need for sure the extra information below in the customized page;

"

https://209.165.200.225/login.html">"

this is also mentioned in the example in the manual. But do we need also to put there instead of login.html -> login_.html?

I hope you can give us a clear example of the customised page using a sample test SSID...

best regards,

Robert

Well... you can create different login.html files for your two WebAuth SSID's... you don't have to use the login.html.  Now changing what you want to see in the URL is a different story.  For the two WebAuth pages, you would need to bundle them into one tar file and upload them to the WLC.  The filenames for the html files, can be whatever you choose to use. Again, if your looking at what the URL shows, then I can't help you there as I'm not a master in html:)

This is what I just used to test

2-18-2014 9-43-06 AM.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content