Views
Helpful
Replies

Data rates on 1252

janesh_abey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

If we turned off  the 5Ghz radio on a 1252  which is powered through 802.11af, we should get 144 mbps data rates from the  2.4 radio as 15.4 is more than enough to power up one radio.I have enbaled  802.11n HT rates on the controller but I still get 72mbps speeds.APs were rebooted but no luck.Do I need to reload the controllers as well?

Switch WS-C3560G-24PS     12.2(44)SE2           C3560-IPBASE-M

Controller 5508 code 7.0.98

Any ideas on whats going on here?

cheers,

j

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Janesh,

a couple of points :

-11N rates requires WPA2-aes and no other encryption on the SSID. (no tkip, no wpa1)

-11N rates require WMM to be enabled on the SSID

-I know it was like this a couple of releases ago, I don't know if it changed, but turning off one radio was not enough to get the full power to power the remaining radio. You needed to remove physically the radio module.

To really know what is going on, I would suggest you console in to that 1252 and see if it complains about low power or not.

I hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Please rate answers that you find useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Janesh,

a couple of points :

-11N rates requires WPA2-aes and no other encryption on the SSID. (no tkip, no wpa1)

-11N rates require WMM to be enabled on the SSID

-I know it was like this a couple of releases ago, I don't know if it changed, but turning off one radio was not enough to get the full power to power the remaining radio. You needed to remove physically the radio module.

To really know what is going on, I would suggest you console in to that 1252 and see if it complains about low power or not.

I hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Please rate answers that you find useful.

Hi Nico,

Many thanks for the clarification.

cheers,

Janesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card