Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Desktop Wireless adapter recommendations for Cisco 3600e

HI

I understand that Cisco has stopped making wireless client adapter cards years ago and our company is going to be deploying a set of 6 Cisco 3600e at a new office. For most laptop that comes with the embedded wireless adapterwe don't seem to have any issues at all but this new office has a few desktop computers (running Windows 7) that need to be connected to the new Wireless network which will be build with Cisco 3600e access points.

So far I have not been able to find any cisco recommended wireless adapters (USB connection) for desktop computers and I am hoping to find a USB wireless adapter for the desktop which will allow it to fully tilize the 4x4 MIMO and 3 spatial streams feature (also with possible 802.11ac upgrade). The reason why I am looking for a USB type for this PC is because this desktop from Dell only has those mini or small PCI slot (which I cannot even retro fit with the existing PI21 PCI card from Cisco).

Any recommendation on USB client adapter for desktop will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

use this one

A6200 WiFi USB Adapter - 802.11ac Dual Band

A6200

• Upgrade your device to the next generation 802.11ac WiFi
  • Ultimate range and performance with 802.11ac
  • Adjustable antenna for improved performance

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-adapters/ultimate-wireless-adapters/A6200.aspx

Thanks much appreciated.

I understand Linksys was sold to Netgear and I wonder if anyone has used this line from Linksys:

http://store.linksys.com/linksys-ae6000-wifi-wireless-ac-dual-band-mini-usb-adapter_stcVVproductId153081401VVcatId552067VVviewprod.htm

Hello ,

As per your query please refer to the link-

Wireless Security and Spectrum Intelligence module

• Provides full-spectrum, off-channel scanning for comprehensive wIPS, including Cisco CleanAir technology, rogue detection, context awareness, and radio resource management (RRM) solutions. Scans 2.4- and 5-GHz channels while serving data clients on the base dual-band access point platform

IEEE 802.11ac Wave 1 module (Available Q2CY13)

• Supports 3x3:3SS (spatial streams), 80-MHz wide channels, 256 quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), and data rates up to 1.3 Gbps (as part of IEEE 802.11ac Wave 1)

• Wi-Fi Alliance certification expected in Q2 2013

Cisco 3G Small Cell Module (Available 2HCY13)

• 3GPP Band 1 (2100 MHz), 16 users, Voice (R99), Packet Data (HSPA/HSDPA+)

Hope this will help you.

Views
Helpful
Replies