Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Wireless adapter recommendations for Cisco 3600e

wingchingleung
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I understand that Cisco has stopped making wireless client adapter cards years ago and our company is going to be deploying a set of 6 Cisco 3600e at a new office. For most laptop that comes with the embedded wireless adapterwe don't seem to have any issues at all but this new office has a few desktop computers (running Windows 7) that need to be connected to the new Wireless network which will be build with Cisco 3600e access points.

So far I have not been able to find any cisco recommended wireless adapters (USB connection) for desktop computers and I am hoping to find a USB wireless adapter for the desktop which will allow it to fully tilize the 4x4 MIMO and 3 spatial streams feature (also with possible 802.11ac upgrade). The reason why I am looking for a USB type for this PC is because this desktop from Dell only has those mini or small PCI slot (which I cannot even retro fit with the existing PI21 PCI card from Cisco).

Any recommendation on USB client adapter for desktop will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

john smith
Level 1
Level 1

use this one

A6200 WiFi USB Adapter - 802.11ac Dual Band

A6200

• Upgrade your device to the next generation 802.11ac WiFi
  • Ultimate range and performance with 802.11ac
  • Adjustable antenna for improved performance

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wireless-adapters/ultimate-wireless-adapters/A6200.aspx

Thanks much appreciated.

I understand Linksys was sold to Netgear and I wonder if anyone has used this line from Linksys:

http://store.linksys.com/linksys-ae6000-wifi-wireless-ac-dual-band-mini-usb-adapter_stcVVproductId153081401VVcatId552067VVviewprod.htm

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

As per your query please refer to the link-

Wireless Security and Spectrum Intelligence module

• Provides full-spectrum, off-channel scanning for comprehensive wIPS, including Cisco CleanAir technology, rogue detection, context awareness, and radio resource management (RRM) solutions. Scans 2.4- and 5-GHz channels while serving data clients on the base dual-band access point platform

IEEE 802.11ac Wave 1 module (Available Q2CY13)

• Supports 3x3:3SS (spatial streams), 80-MHz wide channels, 256 quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM), and data rates up to 1.3 Gbps (as part of IEEE 802.11ac Wave 1)

• Wi-Fi Alliance certification expected in Q2 2013

Cisco 3G Small Cell Module (Available 2HCY13)

• 3GPP Band 1 (2100 MHz), 16 users, Voice (R99), Packet Data (HSPA/HSDPA+)

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card