cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

#DHCP-3-DHCP_PKT_LOOPED - possible network loop!

EvaldasOu
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

I think I am not the only one person who was able to see this message on vWLC Logs-> Message logs page:

*DHCP Socket Task: Jul 11 17:31:45.644: #DHCP-3-DHCP_PKT_LOOPED: dhcp_proxy.c:3768 Received a DHCP packet sent by the controller itself possible network loop!

Does anyone knows, why it happens?

9 Replies 9

Evan Wheatley
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing this aswell. Anyone have any ideas?

vWLC v7.5.102.0

Have you configured an external DHCP server for the dynamic interfaces ? vWLC does not support internal DHCP

Try disabling dhcp proxy (using config dhcp proxy disable ) & see if that helps

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Yes, the dynamic interfaces have a external DHCP configured.

I'll try disabling the proxy and see if the erorrs still appear.

Thanks Rasika! And thank you for writing a great blog

Still appearing in the logs unfortunatley... any other ideas?

Hi Evan,

Did you try restarting the VM/vWLC & see if that helps.

I have a vWLC on my test environment running on 7.6.100.0 & I could not see this sort of logs. by the way my vWLC is having very low usage & cannot compare with production vWLC like yours.

Do you see this when client associating or it comes every regular interval whether clients are there or not ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hi Rasika,

I'll see if I can schedule a reboot of the WLC in the coming days.

The appearance of this in the logs is regular, even without new client associataions.

Deployment is 30 APs with about 120 clients.

Thanks,

Evan.

Hi Evan,

I would advise you to open a TAC case if you get TAC support (I feel it may be a bug, who knows).

So you can incorporate any service distruptive troubleshooting required with them if you get organise a maintenance window

NB: You can revert the proxy settings back (since it did not helped) as it will help to hide your original DHCP address when clients get DHCP info.

HTH

Rasika

Have opened a TAC case

I'll see if I'm able to upgrade to 7.6 soon, I just need to schedule a maintenace window with the customer.

It turns out we are hitting a bug.. CSCuj14843

I'll be applying the fix soon and will report back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: