Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP and VLANS binding

jcuena
Level 1
Level 1

Helo.

I have a problem, and i think that it?s because i forgot something.

I?m trying to configure a 1240AG with 4 SSID and his 4 vlans binding. And it?s ok.

The problem is with the DHCP. The 1240AG is configure with 3 pools and all the configuration of the DHCP server (the other VLAN-SSId is to manage), but i don?t kwon how to binding the pool of DHCP with the VLAN-SSID.

If someno can help me??

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hola Jose Manuel

Do you have a L3 Catalyst or Inter-Vlan router in your network where those 4 vlans are configured?

I think the key is using under every vlan configuration "ip helper-address " command

Also, you will need an IP address assigned for each of these interfaces within the related subnet so it can bind with the right DHCP pool.

Hope this helps

Saludos

Many thanks, the first.

I have a leve 3 catalyst,, and i have a leg of my PIX in each of the networks or VLANS.

I configure a IP to each of the vlans in the AP, but i don?t be sure. I make a BVI for each bridge group make in the web application, and i configure a IP to it.

I configure the ip helper addres too, but it don?t work.

i can validate the user, or authenticate, but it don?t associate and don?t give the IP.

Best regards

Where did you configure the "ip helper address" command?

I only use one IP address for my APs (that of BVI interface) and configure IP addresses per VLAN in the Catalyst. It works for me although I use a DHCP server in the network( not in the APs)

Also, take care of your PIX. It could be rejecting DHCP packets

Saludos

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card