Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DHCP Issue on Second SSID Aironet 1130AG

Hello,

I have a Cisco Aironet 1130AG Series Access Point that is now configured with 2 SSID's.  My network setup is:

Have several VLAN's in the company via Cisco 3560G Catalyst as the gateway for all the VLAN's.  VLAN segratation via 3560G per specified ports, connected to other Cisco 2950G switches configured for specified VLAN's

This specific netork is VLAN 110

172.16.1.*, 255.255.255.0, 172.16.1.1

Windows 2003 DHCP server on 172.16.1.* network.

SSID1 = WEP -->  nothing crazy, simple network passkey used to get on network

SSID2 = EAP-TLS security.  Setup with local RADIUS router in house on the same 172.16.1.* network

SSID1 automatically took the VLAN ID of 110 and is set as the Native VLAN - everyting works great on this - users authenticate and receive DHCP IP addresses from the correct DHCP Server.

SSID2 takes on VLAN ID of 111 - I cannot set it to also use VLAN ID 110.  Problems here, I can see the user authenticate to the Radius server, but the end user cannot get DHCP obviously as it has taken a new VLAN ID which has no access to VLAN ID 110 in order to send and receive DHCP requests.

Can I set both SSID's to use the same VLAN??  If not, what do I need to do in order to get the Aironet 1130AG VLAN 111 for SSID2 to allow communications on VLAN110 and receive DHCP?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, I have looked at iphelper info and it seems that can't be applied at the command line of the 1130AG - keeps telling me it doesn't know the command.  I tried a few suggested solutions from searching online but none of them worked.  I'm not sure if this has to be done at the AP itself or on the switch it's ethernet is physically connected to on the backend.

TIA, Regards.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: DHCP Issue on Second SSID Aironet 1130AG

Hi Rich,

You cannot have different L3 VLANs sharing the same subnet.

Each VLAN must have it's own subnet and then you have a routing device routing between both VLANs.

You should have a DHCP pool also for VLAN 111 configured on the DHCP server.

Even if you have ip helper address configured and this should be done on the VLAN111 interface of the switch, you still need a DHCP pool for VLAN 111 because the DHCP discovery is coming on VLAN 111.

Please take a look into this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080665ceb.shtml.

Here it explains how to configure 2 ssids on 2 vlans and dhcp pool (on the switch itself) for each vlan.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content