cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dhcp with Vlan AP 1240 AG

Natha340Mai340
Level 1
Level 1

HI, I'm with problem to get IP by dhcp in my network wireless on AP 1240ag.

I wish that my AP has two VLANs and each VLAN issue IP by DHCP.My DHCP server is a Windows Server 2008 for VLAN 1 and a Linux for VLAN 12.

The AP it's connected by Trunk to a Switch that has the two DHCP Server each one on port Vlan.

but my clients it isn't able get IP address by any each one DHCP server. it's work only with  static IP. there is more anything to do in my configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Are you saying that clients can get a full network connectivity with a static ip on both vlan on your AP ? If that's the case then it looks like the AP is configured fine.

2) What happens if you plug a wired laptop to the switch and configure the port to be in one vlan then the other. Would the PC get an ip address ? If not, then it's a swicthing issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1) Are you saying that clients can get a full network connectivity with a static ip on both vlan on your AP ? If that's the case then it looks like the AP is configured fine.

2) What happens if you plug a wired laptop to the switch and configure the port to be in one vlan then the other. Would the PC get an ip address ? If not, then it's a swicthing issue.

I can't see any IP helper addresses so exactly how are you getting to the DHCP servers?

Any why on earth so many static routes?

Thank everyone, I got a document explanations from this community same.so...now all it's working.

Natha340Mai340
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I return this issue but how can I delete it from the Forum ?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card