Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

difference autonomous ap an WLC

Hi Can you help me with one doubt, I have worked in a installation of a WLC but I heve had a lot of difference in the environment, I test

the wireless in autonomous mode and the speed to the internet is very stable, the palce of the AP´s is the same now I change all

the AP´s to the WLC and if I test the speed with the same client it is very different and don´t know why?

I enable de clean air and hte EDRRM in the WLC.

Even when I under the AP the client is associated in an AP that is placed in another place.

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could be RRM.... try adjusting the power globally or on each AP and see if that helps.  If you look at the wireless tab on the gui and then on the left side you will see 802.11a/n and 802.11b/g/n, look at the power levels.  Power level 1 is the highest and on the 2.4ghz is 100mW.  Every power level down, for example 2, is half of the original.  So power level 2 is 50mW and so on.  You can always also change the 802.11a/n and 802.1b/g/n in the TPC and set the max and min dbi.  Maybe set the min dbi to 14 or 11 to keep RRM from lowering the power too much.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Azariel,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Keep these guidelines in mind when you use autonomous access points that have been converted to lightweight mode:

• APs that are converted to Lightweight AP Protocol (LWAPP) do not support Wireless Domain Services (WDS). LWAPP-converted APs communicate only with Cisco Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controllers (WLCs) and cannot communicate with WDS devices. However, the WLC provides functionality that is equivalent to the WDS when the AP associates to the WLC.
  • Converted access points support 2006, 4400, and WiSM controllers only. When you convert an autonomous access point to lightweight mode, the access point can communicate with Cisco 2006 series controllers, 4400 series controllers, or the controllers on a Cisco WiSM only.
  • In controller software release 4.2 or later, all Cisco lightweight access points support 16 BSSIDs per radio and a total of 16 wireless LANs per access point. In previous releases, they supported only 8 BSSIDs per radio and a total of 8 wireless LANs per access point. When a converted access point associates to a controller, only wireless LANs with IDs 1 through 16 are pushed to the access point.
  • APs that are converted to LWAPP must get an IP address and discover the WLC with use of DHCP, a Domain Name System (DNS), or an IP subnet broadcast.
  • APs that are converted to LWAPP do not support Layer 2 LWAPP.
  • APs that are converted to LWAPP provide a read-only console port.
  • The upgrade conversion tool adds the self-signed certificate (SSC) key-hash to only one of the controllers on the Cisco WiSM. After the conversion has been completed, add the SSC key-hash to the second controller on the Cisco WiSM by copying the SSC key-hash from the first controller to the second controller. In order to copy the SSC key-hash, open the AP Policies page of the controller GUI (Security > AAA > AP Policies), and copy the SSC key-hash from the SHA1 Key Hash column under AP Authorization List . Then, with the GUI of the second controller, open the same page and paste the key-hash into the SHA1 Key Hash field under Add AP to Authorization List. If you have more than one Cisco WiSM, use WCS to push the SSC key-hash to all the other controllers.

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card