cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disable data rate to a specific AP only?

Hello everyone, Im using Cisco 5508 with 7.0.220.0 code and I just wanted to know if its possible to disable some data rates to a specific group of APs and not affect the rest of the APs

Another question is about almost the same thing but related to WLAN Radio Policy. If I enable a specific WLAN to use radio policy 802.11g-only, all the clients using this WLAN can only associate to 802.11g data rates??? are there any other things to consider on about this policy?.

thanks in advance for your time and help!!!!

2 Replies 2

You can do this using RF profiles & AP group, but with not the current version you are running. You have to upgrade it (suggest go for 7.4.121.0)

Refer below for the config steps

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/wlan/config_wlan_chapter_011100.html

Rasika

**** Pls rae all useful responses ****

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rasika is right on... you need to upgrade if you want to use RF Profiles...

Another question is about almost the same thing but related to WLAN Radio Policy. If I enable a specific WLAN to use radio policy 802.11g-only, all the clients using this WLAN can only associate to 802.11g data rates???

> Clients can only connect on the 2.4ghz either 802.11b g or n

are there any other things to consider on about this policy?

> Setting the policies on the WLAN just defines what you want to be able to associate to that WLAN.  For example, wireless ip phones you might set it to 5ghz only, so phones have to be able to connect using only the 5ghz.  If there were any 2.4ghz device only trying to access that wlan, they wouldn't be able to associate.  Another example is like guest ssid... I always only allow then on the 2.4ghz, not on the 5ghz.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: