Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Do I have to reboot the controller after uploading a new webauth bundle

I have always thought that a reboot of the controller was needed in order to use a new webauth bundle that you just uploaded.  I am wondering if this is still true.  I don't see anything about requiring a reboot in the documentation.

Does anyone know if this is a requirement, and if so, where it is documented?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Do I have to reboot the controller after uploading a new web

I believe it still is... I don't know if it's documented, but when you upload an it extracts and loads the webauth page, it will tell you that you need to reboot. I could test it later on 7.0.220.0, since I have to test a page.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Reason I ask is we had a 5505 that we had blown away the config on, and when we rebooted, uploaded a new test page we were working on. We didn't get a message stating we needed to reboot. That's the main reason I asked.

Later on in the day, I noticed the page would not work on a production controller until I reloaded it. I just wish this was documented somewhere!

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I hear ya... I do a lot of custom webauths and just use to rebooting the wlc no matter what.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

In our case, we want to move away from a webauth login page for our WLAN guest controller in the DMZ. We want to place an AUP "click here to accept" and be done with it. At least we only have to reboot the DMZ anchor and not the entire enterprise's controller inventory.

I guess it just takes some time to "get it right".. referring to the look and feel of the AUP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content