Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Aironet 3600 can be used in France (5ghz) ? What is the PSU voltage ? Hwic module equivalent exist ?

Hi,

Does the power supply from aironet 3600 series, AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 is compliant with french voltage ?

Is it 110-220 input ? How to have a standart french plug or adapter if i bought this item in US ?

Does this hardware can be used in France regarding authorized wireless frequency 2.4 and 5 GHz (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) ?

Do you know if it exist any kind of HWIC module with same wireless performance that it can be used with G2 ISR Router (19xx/29xx/39xx) or previous generation ISR (18xx/2xx/38xx) ?

Best Regards.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Does the Aironet 3600 can be used in France (5ghz) ? What is

First off, their are regulations for many countries when it comes to RF. You need to purchase an access point that is made for that countries regulations. As far as power, PoE is PoE... You can get an AC power adapter or power injector, but AC I would assume is 110.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Is there any mean to have correct AC power adapter for french plug ?

How to purchase it ?

How to know if this access point is made for French countries ?

I use 2960G switch and 2821 router, so i think that it's not possible to inject POE with these devices ?

Do you know if PoE is available with 2921 router maybe ?

Best Regards.

Here is a matrix or list of countries and the regulatory domains for that country. The reason I say that you need to use the correct AP is that you can be breaking the law and can get in trouble especially if a channel for the US AP is using or interfering with your military channels.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet0900aecd80537b6a_ps4555_Products_Data_Sheet.html

For power, you need to look at a power injector for that AP for your country. I'm in the US so I don't know what part number is for France. You can reach out to a Cisco SE or a Cisco Partner for that info.

-Scott

Hi,

Thks, this product is approved for my country from your list, so i have no risk to break the law

i will try to have power injector par number for France with Cisco Partner.

Best Regards.

Yes that is your best bet unless you have a PoE switch.

-Scott
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Does the power supply from aironet 3600 series, AIR-CAP3602I-A-K9 is compliant with french

If you enable this AP, you are likely breaking French law.  This AP is configured to be use with "-A" Regulatory Domain.

France should be using "-E".

Power supply issue ... 3600 will work with 15.4w PoE as long as you don't add modules.  If you do, you need 20.0w PoE.

You have three choices:  PoE switch, Power Injector 3 or Power Brick.

Edit:  Just re-read your post about "802.11a/b/g/n/ac" so this confirms you need 20.0 PoE.  So the same choices are still applicable:  PoE+ switch, Power Injector 3 or Power Brick.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content