Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the AP1142N have a repeater mode or with with other 1142's for roaming?

We have an 2504 wireless controller at the office with 5 LAP1142's.  At another office we have a single AP1142 which doesn’t quite reach end to end.  Ideally I want drop in another AP1142 to provide end to end coverage.  Does anyone know if the AP1142 has a repeater mode?  If not is there any way to make two AP1142's work with each other so they appear as a singular access point?  Can they be configured to handle roaming?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give me a few links to point me in the right direction. 

Thanks,

Frederick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Does the AP1142N have a repeater mode or with with other 1142's

You can setup the other AP1142 as a repeater, but it is soooooooooo slow and it also depends how far apart the other AP1142 is from the repeater.  With a repeater, you are cutting down the throughput in half already!  Your best bet is to run a cable to the other AP1142 and configure it like the other AP1142, except of course the ip address and hostname.  If you still want to do it, here is an older post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2059882

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Does the AP1142N have a repeater mode or with with other 1142's

You can setup the other AP1142 as a repeater, but it is soooooooooo slow and it also depends how far apart the other AP1142 is from the repeater.  With a repeater, you are cutting down the throughput in half already!  Your best bet is to run a cable to the other AP1142 and configure it like the other AP1142, except of course the ip address and hostname.  If you still want to do it, here is an older post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2059882

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content