cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgradeing to 7.4 from 7.5

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 5508 WLCs, I put 7.5 on tem ad went o 2.0 on prime, so now I wish to downgrade o 7.4 code. I tftp'd the files to the wlc, did the save and reboot but they are coming back at ver 7.5  is there something I need to do for this to use the 7.4 code?  thanks for any help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

wait for few minutes, AP download the new code and it take some time.

Regards

View solution in original post

I always downgrade and upgrade all the time... especially when I test beta code.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

Oops, never mind    they finished and now say they are on 7.4.102.0 for the AP's

wait for few minutes, AP download the new code and it take some time.

Regards

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is never suggested to downgrade the code.

Only option to save the code/config on controller through GUI is to hit save on controller GUI. It will take some time and will do it.

I always downgrade and upgrade all the time... especially when I test beta code.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Mark Jensen
Level 1
Level 1

Well it worked just fne. At first it looks like it is downloading the 7.5 bt after it completes it says 7.4  so  I was hasty in my posting here.

Thanks, this forum is a great one for help fast.

So what I do is use the pre-image download feature....

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-3/configuration/guide/b_cg73/b_wlc-cg_chapter_01010.html#ID1225

Once all the AP's download the image, I swap the image on the AP.  Then I reboot the WLC.... once the AP's come back up, you will see that it will join and show the old image and no image for the backup.  The AP will disassociate and join again with the new image as the primary and the old image as the backup image.

Take a look at this post also:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2262041

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card