Views
Helpful
Replies

download firmware

joeadiutori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to download firmware for my 1252 access point.  When I browse to the proper location (http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=281235915&flowid=6779), there are two choices (IOS software and Lightweight IOS software).  However, neither of them works.

When I attempt to download the IOS software, it tells me "To Download this software, you must have a valid service contract associated to your Cisco.com user ID." 

When I attemtp to download the Lightweight software, it tells me "The download process was interrupted. Please refresh the page (Windows -press F5, Mac -press Command-R) or restart the download process. If you continue to see this message, contact Cisco support at web-help@cisco.com."

How does one download firmware?

Thanks - Joe

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which of the two firmwares are you trying to download?  Autonomous or controller-based?

Do you have a valid Cisco Service Contract for the 1250?

Leo,

I want the Light Weight software.  It's kind of a long story.  We aquired a company and they had a couple of these AP's.  They sent them to us once we aquired them, but we couldnt get into them (I wasnt really involved at this point).   So one of my guys found the Autonomous software online (not sure how he did that) and was able to load it onto the device.  But now we've learned a litte bit more and realized we want it to be a light weight device because the company we aquired also has a 4402 controller.  So now I'm trying to go back to Light Weight.

No, I dont have a service contract and I've learned that is the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Joe

No, I dont have a service contract

Unfortunately, you need a valid Service Contract to be able to download the correct IOS.  Contact your authorized Cisco Reseller in your area for purchasing options.  Sorry.  There's no other way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card