Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

bz

dual WLC2106 setup - WLAN setup on both ?

Hi,

I have 2 WLC2106. both WLC are connected to same backbone.

WLC-1 has 6 access points connected

WLC-2 has 2 access points connected

I created a Mobility group - seems to be working - Static Mobility Group Members -> shows both members on both controllers as up.

I setup a RF domain - seems to be working - in 802.11a > RRM  > RF Grouping -> I see group members and the group leader.

in general I've setup all according to best knowledge and cisco documents describing that.

However I am missing one thing I cannot find the answer in the docs:

I've setup my 802.1x WLAN SSID "my802.1x" on controller WLC-1.

Everything seems to be working fine via 6 AP connected to WLC-1 but the 2 AP connected to WLC-2 looks they are not broadcasting that SSID. Leds are cyan never saw them navy blue.

Do I have to setup exactly the same WLAN SSID "my802.1x" on WLC-2  ?

WLC-2 statistics:

Handoff Requests Received: 66

Handoff Requests Ignored: 66

WLC-1 shows a lot of connected clients

WLC-2 show no clients

The effect I want to have is a single 802.1x WLAN SSID on 8 AP across 2 WLC.

Regards,

BZ

2 REPLIES

Yes, you need to configure both 2106 to have the same WLAN and interfaces.  The 2106 doesn't do any kind of configuration sync with any other WLC on the network.  You only get that when you do HA

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Cisco Employee

for seamless roaming need to configure everything similiar on both WLC...

Views
Helpful
Replies