Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

DualBand including autonomous Cisco 2600 with external antenna

I am currently on a project which involves configuring a wireless bridge between 2 buildings.

The equipment that i should use for this is the following:

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R=2.4 GHz 6 dBi/5 GHz 6 dBi Directional Ant., 4-port, RP-TNC
Cisco 2600 Series IOS WIRELESS LAN

The idea is that the 2600 AP's have wireless connection over 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz and they bridge all the traffice they receive over there LAN port over this wireless connection.

I have configured this and tested it in a lab and it is working just fine.

I only have a question about the external antenna and dualband functionality.

The 2600 AP has 4 external antenna mounts and the external antenna also has 4 cables which can be connected to these mounts.

Depending on my wireless survey onsite and the range between the buildings i will determine if i will be using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz.

This means i will be shutting down dot11radio0 or dot11radio1 in the autonomous configuration.

Since it is dualband all the antenna's can be active in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Does this also mean that all 4 of the antenna's will be using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz ?

For me it is currently unclear which antenna's will be used by dot11radio0 and dot11radio1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Hi Marc,Please refer to the

Hi Marc,

Please refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/apdeploy/Cisco_Aironet.html#pgfId-45007

For MIMOs, it is not critical which antenna lead goes into which antenna port on the access point, as long as all the antenna ports on the AP are connected to the antennas. The patch antenna AIRANT2566P4W-R has the elements spaced side by side in the plastic housing, so there is a slight improvement if you use the outer two elements on the patch on ports A and B (see Figure 45), but this is not critical. On the AP 1600, port A is spaced furthest from B and C for best diversity, as shown in Figure 46.

1 REPLY
Community Member

Hi Marc,Please refer to the

Hi Marc,

Please refer to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/apdeploy/Cisco_Aironet.html#pgfId-45007

For MIMOs, it is not critical which antenna lead goes into which antenna port on the access point, as long as all the antenna ports on the AP are connected to the antennas. The patch antenna AIRANT2566P4W-R has the elements spaced side by side in the plastic housing, so there is a slight improvement if you use the outer two elements on the patch on ports A and B (see Figure 45), but this is not critical. On the AP 1600, port A is spaced furthest from B and C for best diversity, as shown in Figure 46.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content