Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUPLEX_MISMATCH in 1524 AP

I am getting DUPLEX_MISMATCH messages on my switches which are serving the 1524 AP's.I have forced 100 Mbps full duplex on the switch but I cannot find the option in the 1524 AP to force 100 Mbps full duplex. Can somebody help me with this? For reference I am adding some of the messages I am recieving in the switch .

Sep 17 14:08:57.644: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:18.506: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WalkWay-S-1 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:20.318: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-Walkway-N-4 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:09:57.622: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:18.510: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WalkWay-S-1 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:20.339: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-Walkway-N-4 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

Sep 17 14:10:57.576: %CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on FastEthernet1/6 (not half duplex), with YMK-WALKWAY-N-5 GigabitEthernet0 (half duplex).

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I remember, if you click on the wireless tab in the GUI and then look for that ap. all the way to the right is a blue triangle icon, click that and then configure. I think the speed and duplex settings are in there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

vlad.mihailov
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't know that was possible at the AP side. Are you using the PoE-In port or do you use the GLC-T SFP module?

I am using the PoE-In port

WLC > config ap ethernet duplex   speed <> {all | ap name }

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please make sure to rate correct answers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: