cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duration for Webauth_Reqd state before time out???

hokokshun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i refer to my post https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3474731.

If clients are in Webauth_Reqd state, no matter if they are active or idle, the clients will get de-authenticated after a

web-auth required timeout period (for example, 300 seconds and this time is non-user configurable). All traffic from the client (allowed via Pre-Auth ACL) will be disrupted. If the client associates again, it will move back to the Webauth_Reqd state. If clients are in Webauth_Reqd state, no matter if they are active or idle, the clients will get de-authenticated after a web-auth required timeout period (for example, 300 seconds and this time is non-user configurable). All traffic from the client (allowed via Pre-Auth ACL) will be disrupted. If the client associates again, it will move back to the Webauth_Reqd state.

How long will the clients be in webauth_Reqd state (in terms of minutes or seconds) before they will reach the the web-auth required timeout period? Would we be able the time for webauth_Reqd state?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes if the client is in Webauth_required it will be kicked out in 5 mins i.e 9.05am

Thanks.Salil

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Salil Prabhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Anytime client is in Webauth required state, Clients will be kicked out after 300 seconds..You can check this using debug on WLC

debug client

Thanks..Salil

Hi Salil,

What i mean is that for eg. Client get connected to the wireless at eg. (900a.m).. After they are connected, the clients are in Webauth required state.. and how long will they be in Webauth required state if they are active before being kick out? Eg. 2hrs? or 4 hrs in the Webauth required state?

As according to what u mention, does it mean if a client get connected at 900a.m, he/she will be kicked after 300 sec, which is 905a.m?

Please do help assits for i m in doubt abt Webauth required state even after reading the configuration guide.

Hi,

Yes if the client is in Webauth_required it will be kicked out in 5 mins i.e 9.05am

Thanks.Salil

Thanks Salil.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: