Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic VLAN Assignement via ACS and Active Directory

lionel.dupont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

Is it possible to manage IETF Radius Attributes for a user or a user group in a Windows Active Directory Database in the case of an installation of Cisco Secure ACS v3.2 with an externally user database (Active Directory).

My Idea is to manage only one user database (active directory) to assign a user a VLAN in Wireless technology (Radius Attributes 64,65 and 81).

What else do I have to configure in ACS (than the externally user database) or in Active Directory ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

marcbutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just had the opportunity to deploy this very scenario.

Yes, as you say, you need IETF Radius Attributes 64,65 and 81 enabled for Groups. The you need under Interface Configuration, Advanced options to makes rue that you have ticked the following:

Per User Tacacs+/Radius Attributes

User Level Network Access Restrictions#

Group Level Shared Network Access Restrictions

Group Level Network Access Restrictions

Then the 64,65, and 81 Attributes show up in the Group Setup section. Check these and then for either Tag 1 or Tag 2 (you can change the default to see more tags) choose, VLAN, 802 and then a VLAN ID number in each respective section. Do this for each VLAN group you want to deploy.

Then, External User Databases, Unknown User Policy, check external databases to verfiy your domain/s AD, then in Database group mappings, create a profile for each of your domains, assigning a particular NT/2000 user group/groups to a particular ACS group, which tne maps to a particular VLAN (the Radius attributes stuff above)

That should just about do it!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card