Helpful
Replies

enable session time-outs

hugh.lancaster
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 2106 controller

Cisco 1252 AP

Is there a way to prevent session timeouts? Is there a way users don't have to re-authenticate but the BOYD devices once they have authenticated, login automatically? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let us know if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your using WebAuth, the best thing to do is to disable session timeout or set it at 8, 12 hours but you need to set the idle timer to something like 2-4 hours. On the WLC you have, your limited to less than a day but the idle timer has to be less than what the session timer is set for. Idle timer is used really for WebAuth with iOS devices as other devices don't idle like the apple devices.

Give that a try.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks for the reply. I disabled session timeouts and will give it a try.  Is there a way save their password? Trying to prevent them from having to re-enter the password.

No way to save their password. Make sure the idle timer has been changed also.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your using webauth correct?

-Scott

That is correct. Where is the idle timer location?

Look on the WLC GUI in the Controller tab.  Default is set to 300 seconds.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Here you go.... I'm on a different WLC and code, but its here where you need to look... I think.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Disabled session timeout and set user  idle timeout to 14400.

Let us know if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

On one of my controller, I get the error " Multi group address should be in the range of 24.0.0.0. to ........" when I changed the changed user idle timeout.

The change swill be saved, but if you are going to set your Multicast Mode to Multicast, you should set an address.  I like to do 239.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

The changes appeared to have saved. Maybe that message is meaningless;howerver, once iPAD goes to sleep, I have to sign in again.

Can you post your show WLAN and what code version on the WLC.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card