Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Enabling 1130AG radios

Testing an 1130AG which ships with radios disabled.

From Quickstart guide, configured unit with an IP address/gateway, then connected to AP with browser. Changing radios from Disabled to Enabled and applying settings doesn't change the status of the radios to UP. Radios always show status of Disabled and Down, even though Settings pages shows that Enabled is chosen.

Rebooted unit with no change.

What else needs done to enable radios?

Thanks.

Rick

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Enabling 1130AG radios

Hi Rick,

Maybe you are running into this;

Enabling the Radio Interface

The wireless device radios are disabled by default.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note In Cisco IOS Release 12.3(7)JA there is no default SSID. You must create a Radio Service Set Identifier (SSID) before you can enable the radio interface.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning in privileged EXEC mode, follow these steps to enable the access point radio:

Command Purpose

Step 1

configure terminal

Enter global configuration mode.

Step 2

interface dot11radio { 0 | 1 }

Enter interface configuration mode for the radio interface. The 2.4-GHz radio is radio 0, and the 5-GHz radio is radio 1.

Step 3

ssid

Enter the SSID. The SSID can consist of up to 32 alphanumeric characters. SSIDs are case sensitive.

Step 4

no shutdown

Enable the radio port.

Step 5

end

Return to privileged EXEC mode.

Step 6

copy running-config startup-config

(Optional) Save your entries in the configuration file.

Use the shutdown command to disable the radio port.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.......

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Are you using a power injector or inline power. Try to plug in the AC adapter that came with the ap and see if the radios come up.

I found a doc that stated that the AP1130AG and the AP1240AG might not power their radios when using a power injector.

If you are using the WLC two options to try:

1. Disable CDP on the switchport that the AP?s are connected to and then reset the AP

2. From the WLC CLI:

>sh ap summary

This is to get the ap-name?

>config ap power pre-standard enable

>config ap power injector enable

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rob,

Thanks.

In the web admin pages, entering the SSID wasn't enough. I also had to check the box to broadcast it, which I had missed.

Radios are enabled and working.

I'm sure I'll have some other config and ACL questions in the next few days.

Thanks again.

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies